Wednesday 29 April 2009

swine flu, and evenings out... can I still do that??!

Well - here we go, swine flu is all over the news. After avian flu, we are on swine. Great.
Mind you, would not be surprised if I caught it (no, am NOT a hypochondriac. I now a few people who do better than me on that).
But - let's face it. Cheezy Hubby does not descend from monkeys. Clearly not. He proved it again yesterday. He descends from Pigs. Please please please, never let MotherInLaw read this - she already thinks I underfeed him (another proof he is a pig, he eats anything, so no wonder he looks underfed on fine Nigella Lawson Express Dinners - well he thinks they are). Anyway - last night, he cleared the kitchen so that I could do some work (well - that's the point of a working mum - work, tidy and clean all in one at home). So - as he was exhausted from being Mr Muscle in the kitchen (although not much cleaning was involved as I found out), he went to snore early (another proof he does not descend from monkeys. Ever heard that monkeys snore?? but what about pigs??) I finally finished work (ok -involving a bit of online shopping too), got to the kitchen, to discover that clearing up meant: eating all that left - all my batch cooking. Brilliant. Theory proved.

Tomorrow night - he is in charge. Let's hope the house does not turn into a pigstye. I am out. Hitting town. With quite a few of us from work, so will need to behave (fat chance). Unlike last time - which was not with work, but for work. I know - even worse and even more reasons to behave. So was going to a pre-dinner drinks / talk about crisis PR. Really interesting - met loads of great people, most of whom I have not got a clue who they were. But had one of those great 'Bridget Jones' moment. Trust me to create my own crisis... Was introduced to Mr DontYouKnowWhoIamIworkForABigOrganisation. Well - so what do you do? He goes: I am marketing communication and business development manager for the development of audiences and opportunities among the native himalayan in north East Yorkshire who have moved back home. I went- Sooooooooooooo, that's sound great! (Big silence - and there is nothing you can explain about it to me??!) so I go - and what really does that mean? (what i was really thinking was, what the F*** does this t*** does and where the hell do I go from here). Never got an answer. Pretended then to go and get another glass... Here we go Bridget!

Another evening coming our way is Mamma Mia evening -did I blog about this already?? can't remember. Anyway - got the outfit in the post. 2 solutions: lose 2 stones in 10 days (yeah, in my dreams), send back the dress (no time) or wear it and hope everyone is drunk before the evening start. Clearly they can't have all been that skinny in the 70s. I know it was flower power, but still... Even Fille Ainee and Tinker Bell looked at me in completely bewildered - you are not going to wear THAT, are you?? not in front of other school parents?? Response - what about I wear jeans with it? well..... so the conversation stopped there. Clearly Marge Simpson was more attracive to them at that point. They actually did not think it was a dress. More like a cropped t-shirt. But hey, what would they know about the 70s. (and what do I know about it??!)

Promised to share some recipes by the way - go for carrot cake. It's is simply yummy. And Fat Free (well - it never hurts to say it and who cares, noone will check).
Trust me, I tried it, you cant' fail it: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3229/yummy-scrummy-carrot-cake

Suddenly feel a bit cold and sore throat's coming my way. It can't be the flu, can it?
Oink.

No comments:

Post a Comment