Friday 5 February 2010

from post Christmas blues to a French Frog cake...

Time has again been flying by since Christmas...
Highlights from Christmas following the plans disasters? let me try and remember... the usual Christmas 'stuff'. Received presents that people gave me but actually wanted to received, had to eat Brussels Sprouts (why on Earth were they invented), had to wait until 5.00pm before we could open presents (the theory being that if you can wait a whole year, then you can wait another few hours.... aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!! when did I say I could wait a whole year?!!)
Kept busy on the holiday with ice skating (getting there with the Dorvill and Dean style - not), cinema and all the rest.
And then we thought it would all go back to normal. Well, it did For one day. And then it decided to snow. Great - girls had another week holiday! They decided to build a sledging slope in the garden. Problem: no sledge. So... the best thing after a sledge was a..... tray!! I never got them back! but apparently they were fastest than anything. Girls were out all day - only came in to change clothes, put them on the radiator and change back a couple of hours later. Lovely, managed to get loads of work done during that time!!
So - after a few failed attempts, we have managed to go back to normal, work, school, baking, washing, cooking, ironing. And trying not to get all this mixed up!
TinkerBell just turned 7. Asked for a 'special cake'. That means, not a bought one, but 'please please pretty please Mummy, can you make one. Maybe a cat, or a snowman, no you did it before, a.. I don't know! please pretty please!!'. What's wrong with Tesco's ready made 'the Princess and the Frog', £12.99???? no, it's not yours... So have literally just finished "making" a frog. Please spare me the jokes about a French mum baking a Frog..... I said I did not need to 'make' a princess - as Tink is my princess (isn't that cheezier than CheezyHubby).
And as usualy baking did not go without any 'gitches'. ChhezyHubby came back (late) to be greeted by a 'Have you seen the blue food colouring?'.
"How on earth do you know, Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah?"
"What??? do you know where is the blue colouring I can't find it"
"what on earth have you done to your hair???"
Turned out that I had inadvertently got some green colouring in my hair.. well after all, I had just mixed and finished the green icing... but yes, from looking in the mirror, I was closer to a new version of Cruella DeVille....
So - let's move onto that one swiftly... Obviously Cheezy Hubby did not have a clue about the blue colouring and NO, he was not going to Tesco after 9.00pm on a Friday night, when all he wanted was his Spags Bols (have I told you - a Friday without Spaghtti Bolonese is not a Friday... so tonight was no exception...). And the Frog ended up with grey eyes. ALternative was pink but it was more likely to transform the frog into a drug addict prince. Probably not so good for a 7 year old party...
Ended up adding / designing eyebrows to the frog. Which now looks like if has never seen a beautician and could do with one!!

Oh well....

Anyway - while the frog is getting ready for tomorrow, I think I'd better get some sort of beauty sleep and.... go to bed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment